Why this role?
- You’ll define just how fast we can grow on the internet. We’re a young company in an industry that is growing super fast, and you have full ownership of the strategy design, voice, and content that we use to get attention on the internet.
- You’ll have a high-level of autonomy and independence. This is a brand new role and is our first marketing hire. You will have a lot of responsibility and freedom to unleash your most creative ideas for growth.
- Work directly with the largest content creators in the world. You are the first contact point between our platform and the people making content on Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok and other platforms.
- Join us at an epic time. We’re a profitable company and we’ve worked with 40 creators in 2019. We are planning to work with over 200 in 2020 (already 100 creators signed). This is the time to experience exponential personal and career growth.
We want to empower fans to connect to the creators they follow and love.
Awesome worlds are being created by talented individuals around the world. Makeship allows these worlds to collide through collectible merchandise developed in partnership with the biggest creators on the internet. We admire these personalities because of the excitement and joy they bring into our lives, and we want to bring that same feeling to millions of fans worldwide through physical merch.
About This Role
So, what will you do at Makeship as a Social Media Manager?
- Manage all social media platforms (currently focused on Instagram & Twitter) and drive content creation.
- Define the most important social media KPIs
- Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and uncover areas of improvement.
- Act as our go to marketer - once you understand the business fully, identify the 1-3 marketing activities that get us 80% or more of the desired results (new customers + internet impressions).
- Write amazing copy for our website, email and social media.
- Build and manage what Makeship’s “personality” is on the internet.
- Increase impressions on the internet using paid and unpaid strategies.
- Help us grow the marketing team as we scale up the platform.
This might be for you if…
- You have 2-3 years of experience managing and growing social media channels for either yourself or a company.
- You are a hyper-experimenter. You rarely see things as “impossible” but rather you see them as a test that needs to be completed.
- You are a strong operator. You’ve worked in cross-functional teams in the past and know how to navigate a project with expertise.
- You’re familiar with using software like Canva, Buffer and (bonus) Shopify. Any analytics tool that you can use is a plus.
- You have an extremely creative mind - you want to deploy wild ideas and be experimental.
- You’re hungry for a challenge.
What benefits can I expect?
- A stipend account for various medical expenses.
- Any equipment that you need.
- Full Remote work
- Access to tons of resources and support to help you in your role and growth as an individual (team audible account, books etc.)
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
- This role is fully remote and full-time role!