About On Deck
On Deck is the #1 place globally for people starting something new. Start a startup. Start an angel portfolio. Start a new career. Start something.
There is an age old saying: “Talent is distributed equally worldwide, access is not” – we are changing this. We combine the best possible network worldwide and focused education for people with ambition. You can think of us almost like Silicon Valley in the Cloud, or if a digitally native Stanford for adults were built in 2020.
In your role, you’ll work closely with the Head of Marketing to design, implement and measure our social media strategy, grow our social media presence and own the day-to-day operations of our social channels (mostly Twitter and LinkedIn right now.)
Who you are:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager, growing social accounts from X0,000 to X00,000 engaged followers.
- You are a natural connector with great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Hands on experience in content management and excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to create and deliver content (text, image, and video) and work with freelancers as needed.
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research.
What you will do:
- Design and execute a social media strategy to grow our social media presence, aligned with business and go-to-market goals.
- Execute daily operations of our social media accounts (mostly Twitter and LinkedIn right now.) This includes everything from generating, editing, publish, and sharing engaging content daily to responding to tweets and comments.
- Experiment, evaluate and grow new social media channels (Clubhouse, TikTok, Instagram, etc.).
- Collaborate with other teams like Growth, Marketing and Experience to ensure brand consistency.
- Monitor user engagement, mentions and word-of-mouth.
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI, and present results to Senior Management teams.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You’ll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We’re backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We’re small (~70 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- We’re an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, but you will have to be available to work on U.S.-friendly hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.