Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products, every day. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design tool to the next level? We’re looking to expand our team and appoint an experienced and creative Social Media Manager to join our talented team.
As our Social Media Manager, you’ll take full ownership and responsibility for the evolution and implementation of our social media strategy with a focus on product. Through social, we want to drive brand loyalty, engagement, grow new online communities and engage core influencers. We’re aiming for #1 rank for online earned share of voice.
What you’ll do
As Social Media Manager, you’ll proactively think of new and creative ways to curate our channels with interesting product-led content that achieves our KPI’s which include engagement, traffic generation and acquisition.
As the product specialist in our team you’ll make sure our community are made aware of what we’re launching and when, how they can get the most of out it and what they can do with it. Alongside this you’ll create content for our social calendar that educates and reminds our community of everything you can do with Sketch.
Our online community is vast, engaged, and active, and you’ll be at the heart of it. To make a success of this role, you’ll need to be able to:
- Understand the big picture. How search, content and social media all works together. You will outline goals, define the target audience and know what platforms to use that scale our efforts.
- Apply yourself in both a tactical and strategic sense when it comes to informing and educating our community on everything product.
- Develop a close relationship with the Community Management team so that you can plan and create the right type of content that is based on insights, external feedback, learnings, trends and data.
- Know your trade. You’ll have an up to date knowledge of different media formats available by channel, and be in the know of what’s changing and where - so our social efforts are always at the forefront of industry practice.
- Write great copy and posts. Which means you know how to generate interesting headlines, craft engaging post copy and structured text for easy reading online. You’ll also know the importance of a brand voice, and be a dab hand at applying it.
- Be a great team player. You’ll know how to community manage as it’s likely you’ll need to utilise this skill at peak times when it comes to our product release and campaign calendar.
- Curate user generator content. You’ll be able to monitor key content contributors and ensure on-brand and engaging user generated content is shared regularly that showcases the best of what has been created in Sketch.
- Work independently (as well as part of a Social Media team, and Marketing team) and use your initiative to come up with and execute new content ideas.
- 3-5 years of experience in a social media or community management role.
- Experienced in devising and implementing social media plans, with creative flair and proven results.
- Social media native, and up to date knowledge of digital technologies, social channel developments and relevant consumer trends.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- First-class copywriting skills; with the ability to produce creative, engaging and accurate copy.
- Skills to plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Sprout.
- Experienced at tracking and reporting on the impact of social media.
- You’ll have some Community Management and social listening experience.
- Understanding of SEO and keywords to optimize content.
- A good knowledge of Sketch, both the product and the brand.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Located in the Americas (with working hours that cross over with Europe).
- You’re a Sketch customer - so know our product inside out.
- Ability to use software (including Sketch) to create content for social.
- Evidence of running paid and owned social campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Experienced at devising, then activating an Influencer strategy with proven results and outcomes.