Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa, the Middle East or the Americas. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
The world is undergoing a radical transformation. Work, commerce, and even education are moving online. Hotjar is at the core of that transformation.
Hotjar wants to make the web a better place. We believe many digital experiences - whether they are on desktop or mobile - quite frankly suck, and we are working to change that.
We’re building easy and intuitive behavior analytics software for businesses selling online. We’re focused on helping our customers really understand what their end-users are doing on their websites - to help them find those parts of their sites that are hard to navigate, just plain broken, confusing, or simply not enjoyable.
We believe that a company’s brand is an essential part of its identity. We want to build a brand that communicates what we stand for both our vision and our values.
We’re not there yet.
That’s where you come in. You are passionate about brand building through social media and communities. You’re both knowledgeable about the differences between various social channels, strategic and practical: you can develop a strategic vision of where and how we should use our social channels one minute, review and post content the next and follow up with a Community member on a specific use-case of Hotjar the next.
- Report directly to the Brand Lead
- Create and execute a social media strategy for Hotjar, helping us to identify how, where and when to engage with our users in a manner that drives brand awareness and affinity
- Create and grow a Community of Hotjar users that turns our existing fans into advocates of Hotjar
- Manage the day to day activities of social media management including sourcing content (in conjunction with our Content team), executing campaigns, and analyzing performance and results
- Monitor and educate your colleagues on trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Experience creating and executing a social media strategy with a strong impact on results and growth
- Experience starting and growing an online Community
- Working knowledge of SEO and how it applies in social media management
- Experience jumping from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why your ideas are analytically sound
- Experience delighting and wowing customers with your responses to their comments and questions
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €55,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.