Hello! Are you interested in a unique opportunity to join a team in a 100% remote company, and help build the next generation of an Enterprise Data Collection platform used by some of the largest and most well known organizations in the world?
We are a team of collaborators that are passionate about providing the very best that we can to our customers. We are travelers, artists, athletes, animal lovers, optimists and adventurers creating an incredibly strong, fully remote team and providing amazing service, no matter where we are. We’re problem solvers, and continuous learners never afraid of a challenge, and we’re looking to add an amazing Software Architect to our Engineering team.
As an architect you have the ability to:
- Spec, design, develop, and debug scalable, high-performance, and high-availability, service-based web applications
- Play a leading role in supporting and enhancing the architecture and the framework of our application
- Ensure we maintain a high level of code health and quality
- Collaborate with and coach team members to determine best practices and requirements for our software and architecture
- Help define technical solutions and a unified framework from the design and architecture through development, testing, and release
- Help guide the technology directions by recommending specific technologies to pursue, suggesting training and team development activities
- Identify and address technical debt as our applications evolve
- Evaluate and prototype proofs of concept using the best technologies for the job
- Conduct performance-testing by using application profiler and load-testing tools
- Work with the existing team to streamline our automated build, deployment, and testing procedures
- Identify and resolve potential application security vulnerabilities
- Improve system scalability and application isolation
- Spend some time hands-on coding
What we are looking for:
- Must be located in a US Eastern/Central time zone, or be able to work standard US Eastern hours daily
- 7+ Years’ experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- 7+ years designing, developing, and implementing production software and complex system integrations and highly scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience working on large-scale software projects
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
- Experience with using Amazon AWS
- Expertise in open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of application-profiling and performance-tuning
- Strong understanding of internet security
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and limitation issues
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Previous role as a team leader
Bonus points for:
- Previous remote working experience
- Working on web applications that process large volumes of data and/or receive high volumes of traffic
FormAssembly is a leading Enterprise Data Collection platform, thanks to our impressive roster of customers. We have been recognized in the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and we are a G2 Crowd Winter 2019 Leader. Our mission is to help organizations collect, use, and be good stewards of the personal data entrusted to them.
Here are some links to give you a peek into what it’s like to work at FormAssembly:
- Meet our awesome team.
- Learn how and why we work remotely.
If you’re a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and who will put the team and our customers first, we’d be thrilled to have you apply for this position. FormAssembly is an equal opportunity employer. If you belong to an under-represented group in Tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
This is a full-time position, open to all locations (working remotely, from home).
FormAssembly is a completely distributed team. We thrive through digital communication, and work to connect numerous times a day. Our culture is unique, read more about it here. Some of our benefits include:
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for Team Members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You’ll be joining our amazing, talented, and fully remote family and helping us help our users be good stewards of the data entrusted to them.