Seeq makes data analytics software for a big market that’s often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors. Our software engineers tackle hard problems in streaming calculation, storage, and distributed computing, leveraging the latest features in Java 11, Kotlin, and PostgreSQL.
Our company was founded 100% remote and we’re proud of it. We were good at remote long before COVID and will continue to be remote when COVID is a memory. You can work anywhere in a compatible time zone (our core hours are 8am-12pm Pacific). We use a variety of collaboration tools, like Zoom, Slack, and our homegrown Qube Virtual Office, which make us feel like we’re in the same building together. We use agile tenets to iterate on both our product and development processes. We have a wonderful team of kind-hearted, talented engineers that love to collaborate, teach each other new tricks, and build products that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our technology stack is largely JVM languages (Java, Kotlin) with some C#/.NET. The core of our product is a full-featured calculation engine that can perform complex math and execute machine learning algorithms on streaming time series data.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- You love computers and programming. You’ve done projects that you’re very proud of. You have (or will soon have) a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- You want to learn to work with databases (Postgres, Cassandra), distributed computing (Spark, Kafka) and cloud platforms (EC2, Azure, GCE). You’re interested in finding the best tool to solve a problem without getting caught up in whether it’s the new hip thing.
- You’re disciplined with a high attention to detail. You learn things quickly.
- You listen really well, and you know how to make your ideas be heard without turning people off.
- You are up for traveling periodically to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
- You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
- You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work at a startup with lots of happy customers, good investors, and a bright future.
- You’ve read this far and are determined to apply directly through seeq.com/careers and not through a third-party hiring site.
- You will answer the following question in your application cover letter: “What makes Seeq a good fit for you?”
Seeq is a remote-only company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere. Here are a few more benefits we have to offer:
- Salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses
- Optional life, disability, and personal accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption assistance
- Internet and mobile phone stipend
- Untracked/unlimited time off
- Company meetup events in destination locations
- Knowledgeable and supportive co-workers