FullStory’s mission is to help teams create amazing online experiences for their customers. We do this by applying deep expertise in distributed systems and computer science to build an ambitiously high-scale and high-value platform.
As a backend focused engineer on the data ingestion team, you’ll help build and improve our powerful, distributed infrastructure for receiving, analyzing and indexing petabytes of data. You will build high-scale, high-reliability systems for ingesting customer data and making that data available throughout FullStory’s architecture. You will help keep our systems secure, scalable, reliable, and fast. All for the mission of delivering actionable and truly magical insights to our customers, so they can make better business decisions and improve their products for their users. (“Magic” here is just science and engineering done well!)
Day to day you’ll:
- Contribute to high scale data pipeline services, ensuring that customer data is stored and processed quickly, reliably and securely.
- Dive deep into metrics, application logs, and request traces to identify and fix reliability and efficiency gaps.
- Collaborate with product managers to design new ways for customers to provide data - across web, mobile, and server APIs.
- Design and implement creative privacy guards, ensuring that customers never expose sensitive user data to FullStory.
- Improve FullStory’s internal APIs, powering awesome features like Playback, Conversions, Inspect Mode, and Rage Clicks.
This job might be for you if:
- Have strong CS fundamentals and experience building distributed systems; experience with operational failures of a large distributed system is a plus.
- Are able to navigate complex open-ended problems with competing constraints, while thinking holistically about product design and scalability.
- Understand the nuances of distributed architectures and processing pipelines. Nuances here would include not just the obvious types of failures, but also how distributed algorithms can interact with each other in problematic ways.
- Are strongly self-motivated and excited to work collaboratively. Code reviews, design reviews, and pair architecting are the norm. Our hardest problems are all larger than a single engineer.
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn’t originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - “Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it.” A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through online courses and internal training programs.