Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it’s a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
We are looking for engineers to work efficiently as part of our professional software engineering team; learning to own and support features past delivery and through their full life-cycle. As an Engineer at Dialpad, you will work with a close-knit product engineering team and technical lead. Our teams are cross disciplinary, and include Product Managers, Designers, QA, and other Engineers (Data Engineering, Data Science, Telephony).
You will participate in design meetings and ask clarifying questions to fully understand customer scenarios and requirements. You will work with consumer/dependency owners for design review and sign-off, be a technical leader within your software feature, mentor and share knowledge with the rest of the engineering team.
- Develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive client/server applications
Work with Python on Google App Engine
- Cloud Datastore (NoSQL database)
- Memcache (distributed cache)
- Analysis with BigQuery
- Debug with StackDriver
- Work with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebRTC and WebSockets
- Interface with designers, product managers, and other engineers (our policy: with fewer organized meetings, engineers have more time to code)
Launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles
- Owning the release of the server and client in a rotation as release engineer
- Improve performance to handle rapid increase in user base
- Writing backend and frontend unit tests
- Monitoring and alerts in Datadog