Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Figma editor is the heart and soul of our product. We’re constantly designing and building new innovative features to speed up designer workflows. The editor is built on a stack of C++/WebAssembly and TypeScript, but we don’t expect you to have prior experience in those specific languages.
The Figma editor is setting a new benchmark for what is possible to do on the web. By using the latest web APIs and a C++ code base, we are able to build a high performance graphics application that work well even with intermittent internet connectivity. Something previously thought only possible as a native application.
But we are never done and are always thinking about ways to further improve the infrastructure and performance. Figma is also the only professional design tool to support realtime collaboration, which deeply affects how we craft both UX and data models.
We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to build features for the Figma editor
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Measure and improve performance of the Figma editor
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
What we value:
- Working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English