The data.world team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us developing the platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. At data.world, you will be responsible for our cloud architecture, continuous deployment framework and developer experience. Our core infrastructure team is responsible for the foundation of our production environment, but everyone in engineering participates in production operations. We believe development teams should be able to build and run their own services.
We are seeking engineers who have experience developing automation and cloud infrastructure tools that increase development velocity and support a stable production environment. This person should be driven to take ownership of large efforts and operate effectively in a startup environment. If you’re passionate about the transformative power of data and want to have an impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to meet you.
At data.world, you will:
- be part of the team developing the data.world cloud and automation infrastructure.
- use a variety of technologies to support code delivery and production operations of a cloud hosted, service oriented web application.
- build an environment in which engineering teams are able to build, test, and run their applications in production.
We’d love to see:
- 3+ years cloud/DevOps/backend engineering.
- software development, especially in Python, Java or golang.
- design of public cloud services, especially with Amazon Web Services.
- use of metrics and logs to troubleshoot and resolve complicated problems.
- documenting changes and instructive guides.
- continuous integration (CI/CD) with multiple deployments each day.
- containerization, configuration management, CI/CD and other “DevOps” tools.
- SRE topics such as SLOs, resilience, chaos testing and capacity planning.
- experience running large scale cloud applications in multiple geographic regions.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.