GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for engineers to build our developer platform to support the scale and complexity of the fast-growing portfolio of GitHub experiences. You’ll work with our distributed team of diverse and passionate engineers, designers, and product managers to build a world-class platform designed to support GitHub engineers and integrators as they build the home for all developers. In addition, you’ll be working collaboratively with the team to drive solutions that improve the developer experience while ensuring our product meets the highest standards of operational best practices.
We are hiring for several different roles on the platform team; please reference the qualifications below to determine if any of these roles would be a good fit for you.
- Reading, writing, and reviewing application code, with a focus on writing maintainable code that is easy to understand
- Collaborating with product teams to define and implement new features
- Communicating persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation
- Making well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others
- Documenting the systems you help build
- Building scalable and highly available systems that follow operational best practices
- Building observable systems that we can learn from and we can continuously improve
- Working with support to triage and debug support requests
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years experience with software development
- Experience with Git, OOP, relational databases, and API design
- Knowledge of testing principles
- Knowledge of billing processes and technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with .NET/C#, Ruby, Go, or Node is a plus