At BlueLabs we started out last year with the vision of building a next generation sports betting platform focused on performance, reliability, modularity and automation. We are excited for our technology to power the launch of a new B2C operator in Ghana in early 2021.
To ensure the continuous enhancement of our platform while scaling up operations and entering additional African countries we are now looking to enlarge our team. As a result, our Client Team is now on the lookout for an experienced Software Engineer who wants to join our distributed team and help us execute our vision.
The Client Domain is all about innovation. Here we shape our products to satisfy the needs of our heterogeneous customer base. To achieve this you will collaborate closely with the Frontend Engineers in the team to design and implement bespoke APIs and services that will be used by our different products and brands.
We are responsible for the development of the backend services that power our client applications, i.e. primarily the API Gateway of our platform but also client-related services such as authentication, internationalisation or content management and other backend services that allow us to provide a unique experience to a specific segment of our users. Being our platform’s gateway to the outside world, scalability and responsiveness is of utmost importance in the Client Domain. It is worth noting that the traffic pattern of our platform will not only be dictated by the sporting calendar but also by the sometimes unpredictable behaviour of our users.
By joining our team you will be working primarily in Scala but you will also influence the full lifecycle of our software, starting with architectural and design decisions, all the way to the implementation, testing and monitoring of the resulting services.
- You have good problem-solving skills, a tendency towards simple and effective solutions, and a “getting things done” mentality.
- Analytical thinking, troubleshooting skills, attention to detail.
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new technologies.
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
We are hiring for talent, not for a specific location. You will find that members of our team are distributed all over Europe. Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in a European time zone (between UTC-1 and UTC+3). You must also be able to travel to other European locations a few times a year for on-site meetings and workshops.
The closing date for applications is on November 30th, 2020 and we would want you to start in your new role with us in January 2021. Please note that during the application period we are not yet reviewing submissions in order to ensure equal chances for all applicants independent of the timing of their application.
The base compensation range for this role is €58,000 to €64,000 annually, depending on your background and experience. As an independent contractor you will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees in your country of residence. In addition to that, we offer a number of perks to each of our team members as we truly believe in a healthy work-life balance and continuous learning.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 2+ years of professional software development experience, with knowledge of Scala and a keen interest in using it in a professional environment
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new languages, frameworks and technologies as required
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
- Understanding of functional and concurrent programming, as well as distributed systems
- Understanding of microservice architecture, message-based communication and stream processing
- Knowledge of test automation, cloud and containerization technologies, code instrumentation and CI/CD pipelines
- Write maintainable and clean code.
- Understand the requirements of the product.
- Monitor and troubleshoot services.
- Ensure that the services are up to the latest standards in terms of security, scalability and resilience.
- Create and maintain documentation of all the different services and processes.