As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of brilliant software engineers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, user experience designers, technical documentation team and senior leadership to drive development of Tanium’s unified endpoint management and security platform.
What you’ll do:
- Build exceptional teams of highly qualified and high-performance engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Work closely with product managers, UX design engineers and other teams to define the vision and roadmap with a focus on the needs of Tanium’s customers.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support while nurturing a collaborative, innovative, and inclusive culture.
- Team with other managers to coordinate on requirements, dependencies, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Lead by example, leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure that the team consistently delivers outstanding results.
- Work with senior engineering leaders to adjust the composition of the team and create new teams as necessary to respond to changing business needs.
- Effectively manage projects throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Ensure delivery of supportable, scalable, and performant software by the team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years managing high-performing engineering teams
- You have 10+ years designing, developing, testing, and deploying software products
- You have a proven track record of architecting and delivering enterprise-level reliable and scalable solutions
- You have a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software as a Service (SaaS), etc.
- You are a first principles thinker who can come up with pragmatic solutions.
- You are still an engineer at the core who loves to code even if you don’t do it all the time.
- You keep up with industry trends and can assess and utilize new technologies to help solve problems.