Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 4M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
The Role: We’re hiring a Staff-Level User Researcher to help design Loom, and to help us understand our users and customers. This role will be a founder of User Research at Loom, and heralds the creation of our Research team within Design. Over time, you’ll get the opportunity to help build and guide User Research as a practice and a team, in partnership with the VP of Design. We envision the early-stages of this role to be highly strategic — a blend of foundational research and internal education to improve our existing teams’ research skills. Over time, as the research organization grows, this role will specialize to focus on the development of research programs, hiring, mentorship, and a blend of formative and evaluative hands-on research.
Design is a vital organization at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing quick video messages, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to discover and explore uncharted territory. That’s why we’re focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. Loom is a remote-first company, and Design is no exception: we’re hiring the best Designers, Researchers, and Writers from around the world, wherever they are.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to help guide feature development.
- Be a key voice that represents the people who use Loom, their needs and desires in design and product conversations
- Bring learnings and insight to help inform product roadmapping and planning.
- Plan and execute foundational research initiatives that help the company understand what questions to we should be asking, and to increase our understanding of users.
- Partner closely with the Analytics and Data teams to help build a repository of reference knowledge for Loom.
- Evangelize and teach research methods to the company, from design and product to sales and success. Convey insights to the Leadership team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with mixed-methods research: qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and synthesis.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a product development environment
- Excellent narrative-building skills, and the ability to synthesize insights into actionable recommendations
- A desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and execution to Research Coordination
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience.
Perks at Loom:
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with 5% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellness reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
- Daily lunch on-site
- Unlimited snacks & drinks
- Remote week every other month
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)