Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Writer to join the Design Systems team and lead UX writing for our institutional products, including Coinbase Prime and Coinbase Custody. The Design Systems team at Coinbase is a multidisciplinary mix of designers, illustrators, engineers, and writers. You’ll work closely with the team to improve the language across our design system and establish and share writing guidelines.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Develop scalable UX writing guidelines, establishing our best practices and standards, and helping evolve our writing style guide
- Partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers to understand user and product needs to design content that is simple and easy to understand
- Contribute to product content strategy as well as produce and present final UX copy for our products
- Identify and drive methods to scale UX writing at Coinbase through content guides and workshops
- Write technical documentation for our Institutional products
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Experience producing user-focused product writing through work in tech, digital agencies, or other relevant product areas
- Experience creating scalable content and writing guidelines and styleguides
- Experience shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines
- Experience mentoring / leading others
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience managing a team of UX writers
- Familiarity with designing financial trading products
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Technical writing experience