Hi there!We’re looking for a Support Manager to join the Customer Support team at Zapier, leading our team of Customer Champions in the EMEA region. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. As a Support Manager, you’ll serve a team of 6-8 Customer Champions and Team Leads who provide world-class customer support to our users, who are looking for ways to automate their work and need a little help. This role will work Monday through Friday within the EMEA region (UTC +0 to UTC+3).
- You’re a skilled people leader. We’re looking for 1-3 years of experience in leading customer support teams. You’ll have the chance to provide coaching, feedback, and guidance to your team in order to help them develop in their roles and their careers!
- You like doing support. You can lead by example by jumping in the support queue and helping out our customers. You have proven experience helping customers solve problems, and helping others do it as well.
- You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
- You obsess over the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it’s only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you. You also will need to impart your knowledge onto others through 1:1 and group coaching sessions.
- You’re good with data. You’ll be responsible for making sure that your team knows how they are performing, and diagnosing issues before they become bigger. You’ll have a wealth of information at your fingertips and should be comfortable using it.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
Things You’ll Do
- Help meet and exceed our Support goals to make Zapier Support the Best Support
- Build relationships with members of your Support team and work hard to help them level up their skills
- Collaborate with other Support leads and managers to prioritize project work and set direction for Support as a whole
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible, troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process, using continuous feedback, regular 1:1s, 360s and performance reviews
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Europe, Africa, Middle East time zones - Remote
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America