Apollo.io’s mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We’ve built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We’ve raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and growing. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
The mission of this role is to lead the charge on building a world-class team. He/she will report directly to the CEO and collaborate closely with the COO and other department leaders.
1.) Hiring outstanding talent: you’ll be owning the end-to-end recruiting system, including sourcing, screening, selection, reference checks, and offers; and partnering with our leadership team / department heads for hiring across sales, support, product, design, and engineering.
2.) Running HR with excellence: you’ll lead HR operations (e.g. payroll, benefits), and collaborate closely with the CEO/COO on employee onboarding, learning & development and performance management
3.) Building an outstanding culture: we care deeply about making Apollo a fulfilling, rewarding, and fun place to work where people are energized to bring their best selves everyday, and you’ll be working in close collaboration with the CEO/COO to help deepen employee engagement and build a world-class remote-first culture.
Of these three initiatives, hiring outstanding talent is currently the highest priority for this role, and will constitute at least 60% of your initial focus.
Hiring outstanding talent:
- Built and running efficient, centralized system to hire “A-players” across sales, support, product, design, and engineering
- Hiring managers are trained on and using recruiting best practices
- Once system is built and proven, hired and mentored team of talent acquisition specialists to accelerate growth
Running HR with excellence:
- All new hires are set up for success, including company-wide knowledge (rhythm, systems, product/market overview etc.), team-specific knowledge (by partnering with department leaders), and culturally integrated (values, strong relationships)
- Learning & development, performance management, and HR operations processes are refined and run with excellence
- Team communication and function is improving continually even as the the company size grows
Building an outstanding culture:
- 95%+ employee engagement score (as measured by a tool like CultureAmp)
- Extremely high EQ & empathy
- Excellent communication skills
- Genuinely curious and open; loves learning
- Driven and hungry
- Strong leadership skills
- High bar of excellence
- Organized, diligent, and high attention to detail
- Systems thinker
- Utmost integrity