Hi, I’m Travis, the Technical Support Manager at Customer.io. I’m looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team.
As a Technical Support Engineer you’ll be communicating directly with our customers via our Support Center. Our team is especially excited to hear from folks with Technical Support backgrounds with experience communicating technical tasks mostly over email - a strong ability to communicate in writing is more than nice-to-have.
On a day to day, you’ll triage a diversity of support tickets as well as work on process improvement, and conduct regular touch points with our Product and Customer Success teams. You’ll also help new and existing customers get up and running in our product, diagnose tricky situations and aid companies in achieving their business goals. Our TSE’s have contact with more customers than anyone else in the company, so you’re our secret sauce to ensure we provide a remarkable customer experience. Our customers are core to everything we do (it’s in our name!) - so it’s key to bring your passion for customers and help solve their problems to advocate for product improvements.
Today, our Technical Support team is powered by Help Scout for ticketing, Github Issues for bug tracking, and Zapier for automating support team workflows. While we mostly interact with each other through Notion and Slack, it’s not uncommon for us to jump on a Zoom pairing session or a video call to clarify customer scenarios or share tips to remedy customer issues.
Interested in growth opportunities? So are we. Our Technical Support Team has a variety of career paths, such as to our Engineering, Product, or Customer Success Teams. We’re in search of folks who want to develop professionally as Customer.io grows.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work comfortably in PST (Pacific Standard Time)
- Experience in a technical support role and/or customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be motivated with a self-starter attitude
- Previous work for a SaaS company, or an understanding of technical platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience with Marketing Automation industry or supporting email marketing/business communication tools!
- You love technical problem-solving.
- You enjoy helping others with your technical knowledge and take pride in your work.
- You see every support ticket as an opportunity to improve the customer experience.
- You take ownership of delivering results and get satisfaction from getting things done.
- You’re passionate about learning new things.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions if you’re confused about how something works.
- You understand written communication is not always flawless and assume the best intentions during interactions with customers and your team. Empathy is one of your strongest attributes.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,300 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $126k - $150k USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Professional development allowance - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.