Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
This role is for you if you’re someone with a natural curiosity and genuine interest in technical writing as a career; if you’re someone who enjoys working in a fun, dynamic environment; if you’re a true self-starter who works well with others; and if you have both writing ability and technical prowess, we want to hear from you.
- Design, draft, and edit technical and process documentation.
- You will create and maintain getting-started guides, in-depth documentation on product features, help content, and FAQ reference materials
- You will work closely with engineering to create and maintain technical documentation for APIs, Webhooks, Single Sign On, and more.
- Create and maintain code samples and sample applications, as needed.You are able to take complex products and features and distill them down into documents and artifacts that are clear, concise, and simple to understand.
- You work closely with product managers and engineers to ensure that content is technically accurate and written for the appropriate audience
- You work closely with designers on concise, helpful user interface text.
What you’ll need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree, or substantial coursework in Technical Communication or similar
- 3+ years experience creating documentation for a technical audience including code driven API and Webhook documentation
- You have Git, Swagger, or equivalent experience building documentation from source code
- Ability to understand new features, learn how they work, and document them in crisp, easy-to-follow language
- You have excellent writing, editing, time management, and communication skills.
- You are able to own content projects from start to finish, understanding trade-offs while mitigating risks and measuring impact.
- Experience working with markdown content formatting.
- Experience interpreting example code so that it can be explained to users.
- Experience using source control to manage and publish content.