Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer on our Product Education team to use their knowledge of Figma and Design to teach our users to successfully adopt Figma into their design toolkit.
With the rest of the Product Education Team, you will help us create written content for our Help Center and video tutorials for our YouTube Channel.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate educator and collaborator, with a passion for creative roles. They’re driven by their curiosity to solve problems and learn something new. They’re an effective communicator and a meticulous wordsmith. They also have experience using design tools or working with design teams, and feel comfortable communicating concepts to non-designers.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
Ready to apply? Please include writing samples of your previous work with your application. If you have used Figma before, let us know and share your work!
What you’ll do:
- Write articles for our Help Center for new features, and update and maintain existing articles.
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to understand how new and existing features work as they’re still being developed.
- Prepare and embed screenshots, animated GIFs, and videos in Help Center articles.
- Write HTML and CSS to create and style custom elements, and add accessibility features such as alt text to images.
- Communicate security and identity management technologies such as SAML SSO and SCIM.
- Script videos for our YouTube channel, and provide feedback to the video team.
- Identify and explain how multiple features work together to achieve complex outcomes.
- Contribute to, maintain, and co-own our internal voice and style guide.
- Maintain legacy Help Center articles. Find opportunities to review, revise and improve our existing content.
- Contribute to Information Architecture decisions and demonstrate an understanding of how readers use our resources to learn.
- Collaborate with the UX writing team and cross-functional writing groups to align language, terminology, we use to explain the product.
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts to understand how users can benefit from features.
- Deeply understand our users needs, and be an advocate for their success.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy teaching with the ability to identify the optimal way to teach complex concepts or features, and are okay with abandoning ideas that didn’t work along the way.
- Are a story-teller who creates fun, compelling, engaging, and relatable narratives
- You value craft and focus on the details, while thinking strategically to problem solve.
- Are a creative who can use Figma to create visual assets, storyboard, and maybe design a product or app. (If you don’t know Figma yet, do your homework! You’ll need a large appetite to learn.)
- Are a researcher who is curious to learn more about the product, and how our users use it to support their work and businesses
- Have experience managing projects with a proven ability to manage and deliver projects on-time, while maintaining scope.
- Are a builder who desires to create an inclusive and diverse environment for learning.
Here are some projects you might work on:
- Evaluate the information architecture of the help center in preparation for new product releases, and plan a way to update the content structure.
- Audit our existing content for accessibility, and help us update content to be more accessible to our readers.
- Create surveys, analyze data, and talk to users to inform future content strategy.
- Create a comprehensive style guide alongside our UX Writing and Marketing teams.