Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We’ve raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history on our About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
At Iterable, Technical Writers have a unique opportunity to ensure the success of our users. They create friendly, concise, and helpful product documentation, release notes, and in-product copy to guide users through our tools and make sure they achieve their goals.
We’re growing our small team, looking to add a Technical Writer who’s eager to become an Iterable expert, listen to customers and teams across the company, and own our marketer-facing documentation and in-product copy. You’ll work alongside a Technical Writer who’s focused on developer experience, and together you’ll document new and updated features, hone the product’s voice, and explain all the details that matter to the folks who live in our product every day. Additionally, you’ll work with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to conceive of, define, and test new features, and you’ll have a marked impact on the shape of the product.
One of our core values is growth mindset, and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow and have an impact. If this is a role that excites you, please apply—we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond those listed in the job description.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Own the creation of Iterable’s marketer-focused product documentation, in-product copy, and release notes.
- Define and track documentation quality metrics and use them to help prioritize work.
- Edit content submissions for style, voice, and clarity.
- Help redefine the information architecture for Iterable’s documentation.
- Test product features before they’re released, provide feedback, and advocate for bug fixes and UX improvements wherever necessary.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to understand, define, and clarify feature requirements.
- Help maintain and improve Iterable’s style guide.
We are looking for people who have:
- Previous experience as a technical writer for a software company (with writing samples to share).
- A demonstrated affinity for working with engineering teams, product teams, and customers.
- Competency at defining and maintaining information architectures and success metrics for technical documentation.
- An aptitude for testing pre-release software, finding bugs, and providing feedback.
- The ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguous requirements, timelines, business processes, or customer needs.
- Comfort using Git, GitHub, Markdown, and static site generators.
- Marketing technology experience
- Experience creating technical diagrams, charts, and graphs
- Experience with Zendesk Guide
- Useful for maintaining and improving the documentation publishing system and for working with various code snippets found throughout Iterable’s documentation.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation