Technical writers make Stripe’s products easy to use and integrate by creating useful content for developers and everyday users. Our documentation must exemplify quality and instill trust.
Stripe cares deeply about developer productivity, both for our users and engineering employees. Our products and internal tools require innovation and creativity to create an excellent user experience and to increase developer velocity. We need writers with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging developer experience.
You’ll join the technical writing team to enable Stripe’s users and engineers to quickly ship reliable code, while minimizing cognitive overhead.
- Document new products, features, and APIs.
- Document standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers.
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable.
- Maintain content quality through curation and content performance analysis.
- Push Stripe and the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Proficient in writing software documentation.
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious.
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Able to quickly iterate and improve.
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown.
- Conversant with Unix.
- Conversant with Git.
- A perpetual learner and teacher.
It’s nice if you have:
- Experience writing about Ruby or another backend language like Go, Python, PHP, Node, or Java.
- Experience creating automated documentation tools.
- Experience with large information architecture projects.
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume.
- Any additional materials (e.g., writing sample in a particular style, description of why you want to work in the role, paragraph describing relevant experience).
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start global internet businesses.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This not only enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work, but also establishes stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.