The short version ⏳
Why: Be part of our founding commercial team in the US. Create a market with us!
What: Lead our go-to-market thinking as we make a bet-the-company expansion to the US. Run scrappy experiments to translate our UK success into a wildfire in the US.
Who: An entrepreneurial, achievement-oriented individual who is excited about higher education and has experience building the commercial side of early-stage start-ups.
What is Aula? 🐝
Aula is a remote-first 45-person company, founded at Oxford University - we’ve built a social learning platform focused on student engagement that replaces Learning Management Systems (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.).
Our mission is to enable all educators to engage all students.
We work with institutions like Coventry University and Portland State University. Think of Aula as a digital extension of university classrooms: a shared space that brings together students and educators for the purpose of learning.
The role: Head of Marketing 🇺🇸
Establishing a brand and product category for a new market takes an entrepreneurial mind-set: creative thinking, targeted experimentation and focused execution.
Your mission is to lead the way for a monumental market shift for the Higher Education sector away from “established” learning management systems, and towards social learning, with Aula at the forefront of that conversation.
Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring that our enterprise sales team have the right conversations. You’ll have the flexibility and support to think strategically and solve problems throughout the prospect journey to help us achieve our company goals.
What success looks like
- Lead on market understanding; test hypotheses to create the playbook for a higher education marketing strategy
- Increase sales cycle velocity
- Improve sales close rate through highly qualified leads
- Change the conversation in the sector towards an inevitable shift away from the traditional LMS towards social learning platforms. In other words, Aula is to LMS as the iPhone was to the Siemens C25.
Expected split of time
- 1/3 time generating leads through proven avenues (e.g. intimate sector-discussion events)
- 2/3 time spent thinking about how to increase velocity of go-to-market
What we’re looking for 🔍
We are open to people from a diverse range of backgrounds, so don’t hold yourself back.
We would love to hear from you if you can see yourself in the following:
- Early-stage start-up experience in a commercial role/ evidence of an entrepreneurial mindset
- B2B marketing/sales experience
- Experience in U.S. Higher Ed
- Enterprise sales experience
- Creative and achievement-oriented - thrives testing and iterating quickly, challenging the status quo
- Thrives in startup-ambiguity, loves taking ownership and is willing to be a ‘doer’, not just a manager
- Wants to build, and be a part of, a world-class brand that transforms the education sector
- Open, direct, and seeks constructive conflict