Why this Role?
Creators around the world use vidIQ to manage huge 8 figure subscriber YouTube channels – others are just starting out and use it to gather ideas, find opportunities, and dig into what’s working for these mega channels. As our VP, Customer Support, you’ll help us to proactively engage with our rapidly growing customer base.
The VP, Customer Support will be our front line as we set precedents and face unique challenges no one has in this space has seen before. You will need to be resourceful and creative. You will also never be bored!
Just about everyone loves to tell and listen to stories. The Internet has given millions the chance to do this, and millions more are seeking this opportunity to do so too, especially on YouTube. But many creators are giving up too fast because they don’t have the support they need to become successful and build their audiences.
vidIQ empowers YouTube creators and helps them on their journey to becoming better through awesome and effective tools and training.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product:
We’ve heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy, it’s the education every creator needs to be successful. We’re also known as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ’s core, it’s a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So, what will you do at vidIQ in this VP, Customer Support role?
What you’ll do:
- Manage customer success and customer support teams at vidIQ
- Strategically manage cross-functional relationships with leaders in Product, Engineering, Legal and Marketing to advocate for users and influence major product rollouts and long-term product roadmap
- Prepare and execute so the team can scale from 10 to 100+
- Manage large operating budget, with a focus on reducing expenses and cost per ticket across teams while maintaining customer satisfaction ratings
- Optimize support operations and systems chat and email, etc, and make workflow adjustments
- Own relationship with outside vendors
- Act as communication lead during emergency issues, such as site outages, whenever they may occur and divert support resources to minimize breaches
- Oversee the performance of the entire support organization: CSAT rating (95%) and other metrics to TBD
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Over 10 years of experience in a support management role; experience in a Freemium Saas business preferred. Substantial B2C experience required.
- Proven experience managing large, multi-tiered support organizations, managing and mentoring people managers
- Experience overseeing a 24/7 global outsourced or remote workforce
- Ability to see the big picture while understanding how even the most obscure support process contributes to it
- Proven track record of executing on ambitious goals to elevate the customer support experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (i.e., diplomacy) with both customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience building executive relationships and driving/influencing change with large, complex organizations